Yield: 2 Servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes
● 2 fresh or frozen lobster tails
● 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
● 1 lemon cut into wedges, for serving
● 1/4 cup clarified butter, for serving
1. Preheat a water bath to 130ºF(54ºC).
2. Prepare an ice bath.
3. Bring a large pot of water or a steamer to a rolling boil. Add lobster tails and cook for 1 minute. Remove tails and transfer to ice bath.
4. Remove shells from tails by squeezing the sides of shell inward until they crack, then pulling outwards. The shell should open up easily. Remove tail meat and set aside.
5. Place tails in a heavy-duty ziptop or vacuum bag. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and seal.
6. Add bagged meat to water and cook for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
7. Remove lobster from bag and serve immediately with lemon wedges and hot clarified butter for dipping.
Don't forget to sign up!
Find out early about all upcoming promotions and new products releases